Cliff Porter has extensive experience spanning over seventeen years working in both public accounting and in a corporate environment. He has specializations in a wide range of forensic accounting services, including expert witness preparation, corporate investigations, forensic data analytics, dispute and litigation and fraud risk management. One of Cliff’s roles prior to joining FFA was in an Ethics and Compliance role as the Global Investigations Manager for a Fortune 100 company, investigating internal allegations of fraud and misconduct including embezzlement, anti-corruption and financial reporting fraud.
Prior to joining FFA, Cliff worked for a big four accounting firm, Cliff worked for three years on a secondment to the firm’s Australia practice where he was primarily responsible for developing a forensic data analytic team to provide stronger technological techniques in investigations and dispute work.
Service specialization in the following:
· Financial statement investigations
· Fraud and misconduct investigations
· White-collar crime defense
· Forensic data analytics
· Dispute advisory and litigation support
· Regulatory and compliance forensic audits
· Assessment of fraud and regulatory risk
· Insurance claim investigations
Professional affiliations and credentials
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
· Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
· American Institute of Certified Public Accountant (AICPA)
· Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
· Treasurer for the Dallas Chapter of the ACFE
· Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics (SCCE)
· Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting from Texas A&M University
· Master of Science in Finance from Texas A&M University
· April 2019 – Expert testimony, USA v. Beauchamp, et al (aka: Forest Park Medical Center criminal trial), Case 3:16-CR-516-D, United States District Court, Northern District of Texas, Dallas Division
"After 30+ years of investigative experience, I had the opportunity to work with Cliff on multiple complex financial investigations fraught with difficulties. The investigations required complete and comprehensive understanding of accounting principles along with technical organizational skills in designing data sheets for analysis and preparation of evidence into logical legal presentations to our attorney clients. Cliff exhibited terrific verbal presentation skills, outstanding communication with clients, and was always very dedicated to delivering the best product possible to the client."